Wednesday, September 14, 2016

It's Your Birthday

I've been wanting to play with this stamp set for a while and I was recently at a card swap where I received a version of this card and it made me want to go make my own - so I did!  :-)
This card incorporates paper piecing.  I stamped the images three times - once on the Whisper White, once on Pumpkin Pie and once on So Saffron.  Once I cut them out I attached the So Saffron piece with the Birthday! stamped on it directly onto the Whisper White using the stamped image on the Whisper White to line it up.  The Pumpkin Pie arrow part is lifted up using Stampin' Dimensionals.  The center words and the lines on the left side were colored in using the Tip Top Taupe marker.
The fun part for me was dusting off my Dazzling Details and using that to "bling" up the front and inside of the card.  It has been FOREVER since I used my Dazzling Details.  In fact when I pulled it out of the drawer I was wondering if it would be all dried up - but nope - it worked just fine!

And here is my inside.  I added the Dazzling Details in here too.  I did have to wait a bit for it all to dry but it was worth it!!
CASED from Kathy VanAntwerp

No comments :

Post a Comment