Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Pencil Card



With the kids heading back to school, it seemed like a good time to bring this card to our Card Buffet.  The Very Vanilla card stock is cut at 8" x 8" and scored at 4" to make the card base.  I cut the Very Vanilla card stock angling it from the center (2") down to 2" on each side to form the point of the pencil.  The Hello Honey card stock is cut at 6" x 4" and the curved lines at the top of the pencil are formed using the Envelope Punch Board using the punch at 1", 2" & 3".  I stamped the sentiment before taking the Hello Honey card stock back to the Simply Scored where I scored it at 1", 2" & 3" - where the lowest dip was in the curved lines.

The Watermelon Wonder card stock was cut at 1" x 4" and added to the Hello Honey card stock.  I took this back to the Envelope Punch board where I curved the ends of the "eraser".  The 1/8" silver ribbon was put around this before adding it to the card base (where I had also already curved the corners using the Envelope Punch board.)  A 1" circle of Basic Black card stock was glued to the tip of the pencil and the extra was cut off to give the look of the lead.  I really liked using our Fast Fuse for this project.  It was clean and fast and held things well.

I hope you get a chance to make your own pencil card too!  Thanks to Linda Kaufman for the inspiration.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments :

Post a Comment