Thursday, March 12, 2015

My attempt at the Bokeh technique

So it seems like this Bokeh technique is all the rage these days so I wanted to give it a try.  I've learned that Bokeh is a photography technique defined as the way a lens renders points of light.  The key is the blur effect.

On each one I used three ink colors that I sponge daubed onto Whisper White card stock randomly putting the colors on the Whisper White leaving no white spaces.  Then I came back over the card stock using a template I made punching holes onto a Window Sheet.  Some holes I punched out with our punches, other holes were made using our circles framelits.  They also were just randomly on the template and I moved the template around to get the coverage I wanted.  Using Craft Whisper White ink and another sponge dauber I daubed the white circles over the colored project.

Here are my first tries at this.

I used Pistachio Pudding, Wild Wasabi and Tempting Turquoise ink on this first one.  I cut the balloons out and covered them with Crystal Effects.  Using our Blendabilities I even colored the sequins to match the Bokeh.


The colors used here are Island Indigo, Pool Party and Calypso Coral.


Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo were used on this card.  I little bling always finishes off a project doesn't it?


Island Indigo, Elegant Eggplant and Perfect Plum finishes this one off.  I embossed the sentiment on Velum card stock and added that to the edge of the card.

This is a fun technique.  I hope you give it try!

2 comments :

  1. I absolutely love every single one of these cards!! You are awesome Debbie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melanie. They were a lot of fun to do.

    ReplyDelete