Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Mini Basket

I wanted to share with you a cute little mini basket that I made.  It goes together so quickly and is adorable for either Easter, May Day, Mother's Day or what other event you can think of. So here are the basic directions.  

Start with card stock cut to 4" x 5".  (I happened to used So Saffron.)  I ran it through the Big Shot using the Zig Zag embossing folder.  From there I scored it on the 5" side at 1", 2", 3" & 4".  On the 4" side, I scored it at 1-1/2" and 2-1/2".



I folded up the scored lines using a bone folder to make it nice and crisp and then cut up to the scored lines as shown below.


I then used a small piece of sticky strip and attached the end pieces to form a rectangle.


I added another strip of sticky strip on the edge of the rectangle that I just made and brought in the two edge pieces.


One more piece of sticky strip brought up the last of the edges to create the body of the basket.


Using my paper snips I cut off the edges that were past the top of the basket.


I punched out a circle from the So Saffron card stock using the 1-3/8" circle punch and scored that down the middle.  I folded that in half and got a crisp edge using the bone folder.  Using the multi purpose liquid glue I glued that over the edge of the basket that I just finished making. 


I also cut out a 1/2" x 4" strip of So Saffron card stock to make my handle.  I scored along each edge to give it a little extra dimension.  Using my 1/16" hand held circle punch, I punched each end of the handle and through the circle that had been glued onto the basket.


After using the bone folder to slightly curve the handle I used our mini brads to attach the handles to the basket. 


To embellish the basket I used the Melon Mambo marker and colored "for you" from the "just for you" stamp in the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  This was stamped onto some scraps of Whisper White card stock and then using the Bitty Banners Framelits was cut out with the Big Shot.  I sponged the edges of the Whisper White card stock in Pool Party before adding the flowers.  The flowers are made using the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and Itty Bitty Shapes (retired) and then adding a small pearl.



I added a few more of the little flowers onto the handle to get the finished look.  It was a lot of fun to make and hope you have fun making them too.  I got the idea from Vicky Hayes in Buckingham, UK!

2 comments :