Monday, August 8, 2016

Watermelon Card

This is the card that I designed for this month's card ministry at my church.  It has some discontinued items that I have used for this but I know a lot of you also have retired products at home that could be dusted off so here is an idea for you.
I started off using our old Oval framelits that have retired and took some Subtles Designer Series Paper that has also retired and cut ovals out of that.  I used the largest oval in the pack for the first layer.  I went down two sized and cut that out in Whisper White then one more size down and cut it out using Watermelon Wonder card stock.  (Of course with a name like that you HAVE to use it for a watermelon card!!)  Anyway, I glued those three together (and I have to tell you, it looked like an olive with pimento in it at this point) then cut the whole thing in half.  (OK, now it's starting to look like a watermelon slice.)
The heart shaped seeds were punch out of the Heart Confetti Border punch and glued onto the watermelon.
The sentiment on the front of the card is from Layering Love.  After stamping it in Archival Black ink I went back and colored the heart using our Watermelon Wonder Stampin' Write marker. 
 
This stamp is from Banner Blessings which was a special stamp set that came out in 2014 that has since retired but I thought for our church group it was perfect.
So - I encourage you to dust off some of your golden oldies and give 'em a little love!  Happy Stamping! 

No comments :

Post a Comment