Sunday, August 14, 2016

Let's Celebrate!


This card just cracks me up!  Sometimes you just have to be a little silly.  It was fun to bring out a "winter" stamp set and make something summery out of it.  The little penguins are from the Snow Place stamp set and by stamping them close together they look like they are holding hands.
The grass skirt was Emerald Envy card stock punched out with a 1" circle punch, placed back in part way once again to form the "waist" of the skirt and then just cut randomly up to almost the waist to create the skirt.  I used our Multipurpose Liquid Glue to glue it down just at the waist so that the skirt had "motion".
The coconut bras were make by punching Crumb Cake card stock with the Owl Builder Punch.  The flower in their hair was from the Blossom Bunch punch. 


Once I stamped the "Happy Birthday" in Memento Black ink I came back and colored it with our markers in Tangerine Tango.

2 comments :

  1. May have to CASE this one for my daughter's birthday. She loves penguins!

    TFS, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute Deb.....my gals would love this as a class project. Very whimsical!

    ReplyDelete