Friday, April 24, 2015

Graduation Owls


My dear friend Janell Lewellen shared with me this adorable little graduation owl so of course I HAD to come home and make a number of them myself.  How cute are they!?!


They are made with the Curvy Keepsake framelits and you can change out your card stock to match your school colors.  

The eyes are made with the 7/8" Scallop Circle punch, the 1/2" Circle punch and circle punch from the discontinued Itty Bitty Punch Pack.  The eyes are then accented with the uni-ball Signo Gel Pen.

The belly is made with the 1-3/4" Circle punch and run through the Big Shot using the Fancy Fan embossing folder.  These little guys have a Sahara Sand belly.

The beak was make using the discontinued 5 petal punch.  Again - sorry - discontinued.  It just goes to show, buy it when you can!  I used Tangerine Tango card stock.

The graduation cap was made with a 3" x 3" Basic Black card stock square on top.   To finish off the front of the graduation cap, a portion of the Curvy Keepsake box (the part with the slit in it) was used and then hand cut with the two arches.  A 1-1/2" slit was cut with an Exacto Knife on the top of the graduation cap so it would fit over the handle.  I used Sticky strip to attach the square to a portion of the box base to hold it together, yet allowing access to get into the inside of the box.

The tassel was made using our Baker's Twine - again, use the color that fits your school best.

I hope you have as much fun making these as I did!  Thanks Janell!!

No comments :

Post a Comment