Saturday, June 18, 2016

Just Sitting Here

This is a simple but "feel good" card.  It brings back memories of grandma's porch which brings smiles back for most of us.
I stamped the swing in Soft Suede ink and then used the blender pen to color in the wood of the swing.   On scrap Whisper White card stock I stamped the swing cushion and pillows using Memento Black ink.  I then used the aqua painter to color the seat cushion in Dapper Denim and the round cushion in Flirty Flamingo.  I used one of our Stampin' Write markers to color the details of the rectangular cushion.  These were all cut out and the seat cushion was glued down flat.
The seat cushions were given some 3-D look by turning them over and rubbing the edges of the back side using our scoring tool on the piercing mat causing the edges to curl up (or back in this case) to make the pillows more 3-D.  I added dimensionals to the back of them to attach them to the swing.
Using the paper piercing tool I put holes where the rope attached to the swing.  I then threaded the Linen Thread through these holes and taped them to the back of the card stock to give the swing the look of real rope holding it up. 
A sleeping dog on the inside finished it off nicely.  Now - I'm off to take my nap just like the little doggie.


No comments :

Post a Comment