Friday, October 30, 2015

Indian Corn Treats


Here are some cute little treats that I made up for some thank you gifts for a recent class. They look like Indian Corn.
I started off with a 3" x 11" piece of Crumb Cake card stock.  I broke down the fibers by running my bone folder over it many times.  Next I sponged the edges of the paper in Crumb Cake ink.  I took one end and twisted it closed to form the tip of the corn.   
Next I filled pretzel bags that I got at Walmart with some M&M's.  (Yup - I took out the blue ones.  They just didn't look right.)  I filled the bags about 1/2 full and tied them off with some linen thread.  I then cut starting at the other end of the Crumb Cake card stock cutting strips about every 1/2" to where the top of the M&M bag was.  I then tied around the whole thing with more linen thread, leaving enough to tie a bow.
I ran Hello Honey and Gold Glimmer card stock through the Big Shot to cut out the leaves.  The larger leaf then got sponged around the edges with Real Red ink.  I stamped the sentiment from A Little Something stamp set in Chocolate Chip ink, punched a hole using our 1/16" punch and then fed the linen thread through it and tied it off.


Have fun making some yourself! 
CASED from Connie Babbert.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments :

Post a Comment