Sunday, October 16, 2016

Enjoy the Little Things


This is one of those bright and cheery cards.  We all need some of them in our lives.  I have a tip for you for when you use these triple step flowers and want them to be random looking but don't want to stress out about how they all line up.  These photopolymer stamps have a little arrow that helps us line them up as you stamp the layers so I think of a clock and starting with the black outline, I stamp the first flower with the arrow pointing to 12 o'clock.  I then turn my stamp for the next flower so that the point is at 3 o'clock.  My third flower is pointed at 6 o'clock and my fourth flower is pointed at 9 o'clock.  So now when I come back with the next color I go back to the first flower I stamped and go to 12 o'clock with the arrow and just follow the pattern as I outlined above.  It makes lining them up easy peasy!
I used our Stampin' Write markers to color in the heart from the sentiment.  The black baker's twine is tied around the layer of Basic Black with the polka dots and the stamped flowers.

You know me, I have to do something to the inside of the card so here is what I did for this card.

And now I have a cheery card ready to make someones day.  :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment