Sunday, September 2, 2018

Make A Wish


For this card I cut the outside of the marquee using the Big Shot but wanted to have black "rivets" showing through so I adhered the Gray Granite and the Whisper White cardstock onto Basic Black cardstock and then used my scissors to follow the edge of the marquee and cut it out.  It was very simple.  I also added a candle for the "i" in WISH for a point of interest.  I colored the flame with our Wink of Stella for a little bling.
I wanted to use our black sequins as a popping element but found tying it into a bow was just too cumbersome so I just put a few glue dots where I wanted the bow to be, formed the shape of a bow (not tying it) and just pushed it into the glue dots.  It worked well and didn't add a big knot.
I also used our Mini Stampin' Dimensionals behind the candle and flame.  LOVE those little Dimensionals.  They are just perfect for a project like this.

I love to carry over the Designer Series Paper to the inside when I can and this worked well here.

No comments :

Post a Comment