Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Father's Day Tree

Here is a card I came up with for Father's Day.  I love one of our new stamps sets that has this beautiful tree in it.  I first stamped the tree in Garden Green ink and then went back over the inked stamp with an Early Espresso marker and colored the branches and tree trunk.  After huffing on the stamp to remoisten it with my breath I then stamped the image and got both the green and the dark Early Espresso colors on the cardstock.
This stamp set (Rooted in Nature) has beautiful coordinating framelits which I used to cut out the stamped leaves.  Using Garden Green cardstock I punched out the shape of the Tailored Tag punch and attached it to Early Espresso cardstock and then cut with scissors a boarder to frame the Garden Green.  The sentiment was stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock and then punched out using the Classic Label punch.
Using the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper seemed like a no brainer to go along with this card to highlight the tree. 

This inside sentiment actually has another word (to) before the Thank You but I didn't want that on my card so I just used our markers and colored just the words I wanted and omitted the one I didn't and it worked out great.

No comments :

Post a Comment