Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Watercoloring with Wink of Stella


Recently I participated in a technique share and this was my card for that event.  I don't know exactly what the technique is called so I'm calling it "Watercoloring with Wink of Stella".  Basically, I'm using my Wink of Stella instead of an aqua painter.  This gives the images more vibrant color and a pretty shimmer.  It's always hard to pick that up in photographs but I'm trying.

Here you can see a little more of the shimmer on the flowers and leaves.  Also, this technique makes it so you can vary the intensity of the color giving it more light and shade.

Here is a close up of the flower image.  The other thing I really liked is how it coordinates so well with our Glimmer Enamel Dots.  They were the perfect accent for this card.

I first stamped the image using Basic Gray ink and then took my two ink pads of Sweet Sugarplum and Pear Pizzazz and stamped them directly onto one of my E sized clear blocks to form a pallet.  From here I grabbed the color with my Wink of Stella, like a paintbrush, and painted in my flowers.  This keeps my ink pads from getting contaminated with the glimmer from the Wink of Stella.  When I was done, a quick swipe with a baby wipe and my clear block was all clean.
 Now enjoy your blog waddle as you waddle over to your next blog.

No comments :

Post a Comment