Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Bokeh Technique

Bokeh is a blur in the background of a photographic image.  It is the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in the out-of-focus parts of an image produced by a lens.  Bokeh has been defined as "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light.
So here is my take on the technique.  I started with So Saffron, then Peekaboo Peach then Watermelon Wonder ink and using a sponge dauber just randomly smeared ink across the Whisper White card stock.  I didn't get too crazy about being perfect - just getting color on the paper.  I then took a quarter sheet of our card stock vellum and randomly punched different sized holes in the vellum.  This was just a template.  Using the template which I continued to move about on the card stock that I had just colored, I used the Whisper White ink and another sponge dauber and colored white circles randomly all over the paper, intensionally overlapping at different points until I got the look I was going for.

I attached it to another Whisper White piece to give it a framed look.

Here is the inside.  I blocked off a section using a post it note and did the same effect on just a sliver of the edge.  I thought it gave it a nice look to coordinate with the outside.  It's really a fun technique that could be used with all different colors.   I challenge you to give it a try!  😁

No comments :

Post a Comment